Chapter Twenty

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Gone

Everyone looks towards Taehyung hoping for an explanation. No one wanted to discredit his theory, logically speaking even in Yoongi’s mind he noticed also that it was Morse code. But on the other hand Namjoon phone acting on its own is where things become a bit far-fetched. Half of the room thinks it’s complete bull while the others believe Jin is in fact in danger. The only persons to answer their question being the girls who were on their way. 

“If I’m honest it’s hard to believe maybe because I haven’t played the game before. And this level of hacking is government level. You’re telling me a group of fans has this ability?” Kwon’s question is similar to what they all were thinking. He’s  partially unsure but he gets where Namjoon is coming from. 

“You could just call him?” Lai recommends Namjoon chuckles to himself for being dumb it was a simple fix.

“Wow, I feel like an idiot.” Namjoon scoffs at himself grabbing his phone from the stand, off to the side of the hospital bed. “I’ll run over to speak to Seojoon hyung, maybe he can help us too.” Taehyung's eyes shift while he plays with the rings on his fingers clearly nervous. Something tells him that something went wrong even though Hyunsik went out to find Jin. If he reveals it now Namjoon would probably hate him from keeping it a secret that Jin never left Korea. He feared the other would hate him again. 

Namjoon suddenly turns to look at him with a small smile on his face as he nods for him to go ahead. Taehyung returns the smile with a brief one hurrying out of the room. Namjoon dials Jin allowing the phone to ring a couple of times before hanging up.

“Ok, that’s weird.” Namjoon mutters which catches Yoongi’s attention. He raises brow silently asking ‘what is weird’ creeping a little closer to the younger when he calls his brother’s phone again a little antsy due to him not picking up the first time. His ears ring from the static coming from the other line as the receiver picks up. There is heavy breathing accompanying it on the other in. 

“Hyung?” Namjoon questions already worried by the noises mixed in with the static. He hears sniffling and Jungkook screaming through the bad connection. He’s not clear on what Jungkook is saying but he’s fussing and fussing a lot. There is a small voice that speaks into the phone and Namjoon can’t quite understand. 

“Miss yu.” Is the first thing that passes through the phone instead of it coming from Jin it’s Hoseok that answered. He’s crying which caused his sniffling Namjoon worries over what's going on with Jin to have both his son and nephew left so distraught. “Ap pa wu rt.” 

“Your appa is working?” Namjoon questions Hoseok's next response lacking clarity as the first his words jumbled up by how upset he is. “Miss yu, Ap pa wu rt, Appa miss you.” Some of his words clear up and Namjoon properly understands he’s saying Jin misses him. He hadn’t talked to his brother in a while and it probably bothered the older one not hearing from him and Yoongi.

“I miss you guys too. Can you put your Appa on the phone?” Unfortunately Hoseok’s words weren’t connecting for him. He needed to talk to Jin to get a clear understanding.

“No!” Hoseok yells suddenly. “Can’t.”

“Why not? Please I’m sorry I didn’t mean to upset you.” 

“Me ne.” He shouts at Namjoon making him feel bad. The toddler is upset with him and is now calling him a meanie. “Ap pa wu rt.” Hoseok words become rather panicky for Namjoon’s liking. He yells out. “Gek us.”  

“Get you?” Namjoon translates for the other. “You want me to get you?” 

“Yog ha pp. No me ne.” The line cuts ending the call before Namjoon could talk to Jin. He calls right back, the phone going directly to voicemail. He sighs, not happy with the call. 

“He’s fine right?” Yoongi asks the moment Namjoon is off the phone. There’s confusion stitched on Namjoon’s brows that makes Yoongi laugh. “What?” 

“Hobi is mad with me. He wants us to get them but he wants you instead. He called me a meanie.” Namjoon explains. “That’s unlike him.” 

“Honestly, I have no idea I could barely understand him. Something was causing the call to break up and it was complete disarray going on in the background. He just kept repeating that they missed us and for you to come get him.” Yoongi couldn’t shake the bad feeling spreading around him causing goosebumps. Nothing made sense. The call didn’t sound right at all and it wasn’t in Hoseok's personality to act like that. Yoongi wanted to know more about the call but the door opened; Taehyung came in with a stoic expression on his face. His eyes showed his distraction and hesitation. Something was bothering him. 

 

He welcomes two young girls in with him inviting them to sit in two chairs that are far away from the others. The girls smile cheerful ecstatic as they stare at Kwon, Juno, and Lai. They also seem to be looking around for Kyumin and Saeho who were still in ICU.

“Did Mr. Park say anything?” Yoongi asks Taehyung jumps broken out of his daze planting a faux smile on his face nodding in response. The girls pay them no mind, their eyes distractly roaming around the room zeroing in on their favorite idols who shift uncomfortably, not used to the sudden attention.

“We sent some people out already, we were just waiting for them to let us know they’d made it. One of our men left a while back and he should be arriving soon.” Taehyung says his entire demeanor is distant. Yoongi sighs softly, figuring he’s not going to get much out of the younger but chooses to trust his words. Taehyung’s nerves were eating him up; they'd called Hyunsik, having received no reply, building up fear in him especially after the girls confirmed to him the warning signs did mean trouble. He asked them t

Please log in to read the full chapter